24 Years and Still Riding
Welcome to GEARs. The Greater Eugene Area Riders is a non-profit organization with the mission to promote and encourage bicycle riding for transportation and recreation. We coordinate weekly rides, provide safety and skill education, defend the rights and responsibilities of bike riders, and work to enhance the bicycle culture in Eugene and surrounding area. Membership in GEARs has its rewards! In addition to all of the rides and advocacy work we do, there are additional benefits. Local bike shops and other businesses are now offering discounts for GEARs members. Go to our Bike Rewards page to see a list of participating business members. Join GEARs Now.
If you would like to receive our Monthly Digital Newsletter you can sign-up HERE.
Our next Board Meeting will be Wednesday, September 7th at 5:30 pm. The meeting location will be announced soon. Members and the public are encouraged to attend.
Where – Eugene to Sunnyside Campground at Foster Lake
Cost – $5.00 per tent per night
Please join us as we take the GEARs rides on tour. There will be several opportunities for you to participate.
▪ We will be starting in Eugene on Friday, August 26 and riding to the Sunnyside Campground in Foster, Or (by the lake). A map of the route can be found HERE.
▪ You can camp Friday and/or Saturday night. The cost will be $5.00 per night.
▪ If you would like to try camping but are unable (or unwilling) to carry your gear, a volunteer will be driving up on Friday and will carry your gear.
▪ Saturday August 27 there will be a GEARs remote start ride from Sunnyside Campground, starting at 9:00am. There will be a 50 and 70 mile loop. (route map coming soon)
▪ Sunday August 28 will be the return ride from Sunnyside Campground back to Eugene
▪ IF YOU ARE CAMPING, please RSVP to Garry Swanson by Monday August 22nd so that we can make sure we have enough sites.
▪ Everyone is responsible for their own meals. We may ride into town together for dinner one night.
We are still working on some of the details and more information about the routes will follow.
Questions or concerns?